Cao Tang Men Eastern Arts Society (CTM) is established by founder Dr. Cheah followed the name originated from “Chun Cao Tang” (Family of spring grass or thatched cottage), since 2005. It was a continuity of Malaysia lnstitute of Arts (MIA) during 90s, to compile “National Ink Painting Unified Examination Syllabus” and then was published 6 textbooks. After the 12 years of movement, Cao Tang Men was then keeping the momentum so far. The spring grass is flourishing during the first season of the year, portraying that CTM is blooming every day like the spring season. CTM arts society hopes that every little grass to growth well and promote the CTM arts culture widely. The concept of Cao Tang is cited from the well-known artist or prominent poet saint Du-Fu (712-770) in the age of great “Dynasty Tang” (of China), as a good model and central principle in the spirit of simple, plain and amiable.
The society objectives:
(1) To provide a teacher-and-practitioners platform, under-one-roof good relationship or network, to form a big artistic family.
(2) To promote the Chinese traditional arts and Oriental arts, origins from the ancestors to future lead generation, and further develop the new regional arts culture in calligraphy, ink-painting and arts, for the better of young generation.
(3) To contribute extensively in the Malaysia’s arts industry.
(1) To encourage and catalyze the organizing of national Chinese-printing and calligraphy arts workshop or academy.
(2) To organize artists’ Exhibition, to displace the masterpieces of CTM artists.
(3) To organize members’ learning gathering or meeting as a platform to develop and explore Oriental-Arts.
(4) To organize various occasional major overseas art expedition and visitation.
Although the little grass is weak and small in size, extraordinary and humble, but the life of green grass is so strong enough in nature and everlasting driving force, continuously to color and lift up the surrounding and environment, stretches rigorous and undepleted of vitality.
春草绵延, 绿野无边. 生生不息, 延延不绝.
“Spring grass stretches limitless, endless rigorous green.
Strong endless life, extending without break.”